2-1-1 is a free community service. Call us for information or to seek help in a crisis 24 hours a day, every day. Simply dial 2-1-1 or 1-800-826-7871.
Browse our online database of community services. This database contains information about agancies offering health and human services to Lake, Porter, LaPorte, Newton, Jasper, Starke, and Pulaski residents.
From regional floods to earthquakes, hurricanes, and acts of terrorism, 2-1-1 has been the number to call for thousands who have been affected by disaster.
VIA NWI211: Are you on Medicare and want to protect yourself against Influenza?
Adults 65 and older have two flu vaccine options available to them. Both vaccine options are covered by Medicare Part B with no copay. No matter how healthy or youthful we feel or appear, as we age, our immune system weakens and our ability to fight illness decreases.
Receiving an influenza vaccination each and every year is important to help protect yourself, as well as those around you, such as family members and friends (www.ncoa.org/Flu).
If you need more information regarding the flu vaccines or need help with prescriptions, please contact Northwest Indian Community Action and request to speak with a SHIP Counselor.
A SHIP counselor can assist in explaining your Medicare benefits in addition to helping you apply for programs such as, Extra Help to assist with your prescription costs or the Medicare Savings Program to help pay your Part B premium.
For an Indiana 2-1-1 video introduction, click here.
By calling 2-1-1 on National 2-1-1 Day or any day, Indiana residents will be connected to resources such as:
• food banks, clothing, homeless shelters, warming/cooling shelters, domestic violence shelters
• medical information lines, crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol intervention, rehabilitation, Medicaid and Medicare, maternal health, children’s insurance programs.
• financial assistance, job training, transportation assistance, education programs, Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) filing assistance, free tax preparation sites
• home health care, adult day care, congregate meals, home delivered meals, respite care, transportation, homemaker services, wellness programs
• quality childcare, after school programs, Head Start, family resource centers, summer camps and recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring, protective services.
• Volunteer/donor opportunities.