2-1-1 is a free community service. Call us for information or to seek help in a crisis 24 hours a day, every day. Simply dial 2-1-1 or 1-800-826-7871.
Browse our online database of community services. This database contains information about agancies offering health and human services to Lake, Porter, LaPorte, Newton, Jasper, Starke, and Pulaski residents.
From regional floods to earthquakes, hurricanes, and acts of terrorism, 2-1-1 has been the number to call for thousands who have been affected by disaster.
211 is a simple way to connect to food, shelter and housing assistance, employment services, counseling resources and much more. GET HELP by dialing 2-1-1. If you are unable to dial 2-1-1 from your landline or cellular phone, you can dial your local 2-1-1 service center's 10 digit number listed below.
For an Indiana 2-1-1 video introduction, click here.
By calling 2-1-1 on National 2-1-1 Day or any day, Indiana residents will be connected to resources such as:
• food banks, clothing, homeless shelters, warming/cooling shelters, domestic violence shelters
• medical information lines, crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol intervention, rehabilitation, Medicaid and Medicare, maternal health, children’s insurance programs.
• financial assistance, job training, transportation assistance, education programs, Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) filing assistance, free tax preparation sites
• home health care, adult day care, congregate meals, home delivered meals, respite care, transportation, homemaker services, wellness programs
• quality childcare, after school programs, Head Start, family resource centers, summer camps and recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring, protective services.
• Volunteer/donor opportunities.